Home Buyers Guide
Whether you are buying your first home, relocating, refinancing, or building your dream home, we are here to guide you — every step of the way!
Our Mortgage Options
- Conventional (FL, MD1, NC, NY, PA)
- Condo/Townhouse (FL, MD1, NC, NY, PA)
- Construction (MD1, NC, NY, PA)
- Lot Loans2 (NC) - If you are interested in learning more,
email us today.
- Low Down Payment Option - Starting at just 3%3 of the purchase price for qualified buyers. If you are interested in learning more about our low down payment option,
email us today.
- Renovation (MD1, NC, NY, PA)
- VA (eligible active-duty service members and veterans in NC, NY, PA) - If you are interested in learning more,
email us today.
We can get your mortgage approved in minutes rather than days or weeks! We also offer free pre-approvals, so you can shop for your home knowing that you can afford the mortgage.
Get a Rate that Fits Your Budget
Today's Featured Rates
Determine What You Can Afford - Use our easy rate quote tool to get a quick, accurate, and personalized rate quote.
Rate Watch - Let us track interest rates so that you don't have to!
Before You Buy, Do Your Homework
Home Buying Resources - Our StraightTalk® Home Buying Resources explains how to find and buy the best house for your needs and budget.
- Worksheet - What are your wants vs. needs in a house? Be sure to compare these lists to each home you visit!
Worksheet - Rate the houses that you have visited. Track and compare the features/issues of each house you visit.
- Attorneys: Gabe and Steve Rossettie tell us why is it important to have attorney representation when buying a home and at what stage a person should get an attorney involved in the home buying process.
- Home Inspector: Rick Bates tells us the one thing people are often surprised by during the home inspection process and how someone should look for and choose a home inspector.
- Realtor: Michelle Costanza explains the role of a realtor throughout the home buying process and why is it important to have a good relationship with your realtor.
1Maryland residents, please give us a call or email to schedule an appointment by phone to apply.
2Maximum of 5 acres and maximum loan amount of $125,000. Property
insurance is required. With a down payment of 20% or greater, escrow for taxes and insurance
and PMI is not required. You should consult a tax advisor for information regarding the
deductibility of interest and charges. Some restrictions apply.
3Membership eligibility required. Corning Credit Union is an Equal Housing Lender. **Approval for financing is subject to lending guidelines and credit qualifications. You should consult a tax advisor for information regarding the deductibility of interest and charges. Property insurance is required. An example of a monthly principal, interest, and private mortgage insurance payment for a 3% low down payment fixed-rate mortgage on $97,000.00 at 5.588% annual percentage rate for 360 months would be approximately $585.39. This payment does not include property taxes and homeowner/flood insurance. The interest rate for the 3% low down payment mortgage product is .5% higher than a conventional 5% down payment mortgage. Private mortgage insurance and escrow for taxes and insurance are required with a down payment of less than 20%. Some restrictions apply based on the product you choose.