Mobile Check Deposit
Deposit checks using the camera on your mobile device and CCU’s free mobile banking app.
Make Deposits Anywhere, Anytime
All you need to get started is your mobile device or tablet, our free mobile banking app, and a check! Mobile Check Deposit is a free service available on CCU’s mobile banking app for the
iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® , and
AndroidTM devices. Don’t have a smartphone or tablet? You can also deposit checks easily and securely using your computer scanner and our
eBranch online banking service.
Get Started Now:
- Download the most recent version of our app onto your device. If you already have it, skip to step 2.
Download our Android™ app
Download our iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® app
- Sign the back of your check and write “For CCU Mobile Deposit Only”
- Open the app and select “Check Deposit”
- Log in using your eBranch login information
- Read and accept the User Agreement (first time users only)
- Select “Make Deposit” and choose the account you’d like to deposit to
- Enter the deposit amount and follow the screens to capture the front and back of your check
It’s that simple! Most deposits (up to your available limit) will be available immediately and you’ll receive instant notification within the app that your deposit has been accepted.
Other Helpful Tips:
- While we don’t need to receive your physical checks, we recommend keeping them in a safe place for 60 days after depositing using Mobile Check Deposit.
- Don’t have a mobile device or a computer scanner? You can also make deposits through
deposit-accepting ATMs or
- Some checks may require additional review before they are processed. If your deposit requires review and is made Monday-Friday before 4 p.m. ET, it will be reviewed by the end of the business day. If the deposit is made on Monday-Friday after 4 p.m. ET, it will be reviewed on the next business day. We’ll send you an email notification once your check has been reviewed to let you know if it was accepted.
- Some common reasons checks are held for review include: fields or characters on a check image that are difficult to read, missing or illegible signatures, duplicate check image, or a MICR Line (the series of numbers and symbols that appear along the bottom of your check) issue. Common reasons for MICR Line issues:
- Maker's signature loops into the MICR line
- Check background image causes dark areas to appear in the MICR Line
- Fold lines on the check causes shadows in the MICR Line
Tips for Taking Good Photos:
- Place the check on a dark surface
- Use the yellow corner guides to center your check
- Take your photo near a natural light source (don’t use flash or take the photo in a dark room)
- Use the brightness slider bar to adjust a check image that is too dark or too light
- Allow your device to auto focus the check image before clicking the capture button
- Smaller devices like smartphones and iPods generally take clearer photos than tablets
Corning Credit Union does not charge a fee for using Mobile Check Deposit; however, charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Members must satisfy certain criteria to qualify. Deposit limits and other restrictions may apply.