Deposit checks with Mobile Check Deposit through our mobile banking app using the camera on your mobile device and CCU’s mobile banking app!
Make Deposits Anywhere, Anytime
All you need to get started is your mobile device or tablet, our mobile banking app, and a check! Mobile Check Deposit is available on CCU’s
mobile banking app for the iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, and AndroidTM devices. Don’t have a smartphone or tablet? You can also deposit checks
easily and securely using your computer scanner and our
online banking service.
Get Started Now:
- Download the most recent version of our app onto your device. If you already have it, you can skip to step 2.
- Sign the back of your check and write “For CCU Mobile Deposit Only.”
- Open the app and log in using your digital banking login information.
- Read and accept the User Agreement (first time users only).
- Tap the Check Deposit widget icon to open Check Deposit.
- Select the account where you’d like to deposit the check.
- Tap the “Take Photos” icon and follow the instructions on the screen to take a clear photo of the front and back of the check.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Review your information and photos and Submit
It’s that simple! Most deposits (up to your available limit) will be available immediately and you’ll receive instant notification within the app that your deposit has been accepted.
Tips for Taking Good Photos:
- Place the check on a dark surface
- Take the photo when the edges are all green
- Take your photo near a natural light source (don’t use flash or take the photo in a dark room)
- Use the brightness slider bar to adjust a check image that is too dark or too light
- Allow your device to auto focus the check image before clicking the capture button
- Smaller devices like smartphones generally take clearer photos than tablets
Other Helpful Tips:
- While we don’t need to receive your physical checks, we recommend keeping them in a safe place for 60 days after depositing using Mobile Check Deposit.
- Don’t have a mobile device or a computer scanner? You can also make deposits through deposit-accepting ATMs or by mail.
- Some checks may require additional review before they are processed. If your deposit requires review and is made Monday-Friday before 4 p.m. ET, it will be reviewed by the end of the business day. If the deposit is made on Monday-Friday after 4 p.m.
ET, it will be reviewed on the next business day. We’ll send you an email notification once your check has been reviewed to let you know if it was accepted.
- Some common reasons checks are held for review include:
- Fields or characters on a check image that are difficult to read
- Missing or illegible signatures
- Duplicate check image
- MICR Line (the series of numbers and symbols that appear along the bottom of your check) issue, such as:
- Maker's signature loops into the MICR line
- Check background image causes dark areas to appear in the MICR Line
- Fold lines on the check causes shadows in the MICR Line
Corning Credit Union does not charge a fee for using Mobile Check Deposit; however, charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Members must satisfy certain criteria to qualify. Deposit limits and other restrictions may apply.